It all began in 1927 with an A&W root beer stand. Founder J. Willard Marriott and his wife, Alice, got their young business off the ground by quenching people’s thirst during Washington D.C.’s hot, muggy summers. Good food and good service at a fair price became a guiding principle for Hot Shoppes restaurants—and for Marriott International as it grew...
Today Marriott is a true brand leader. Offering the most powerful portfolio in the industry, its 30 brands and 7,000+ properties across 131 countries and territories give people more ways to connect, experience and expand their world. Marriott collection consists of the Luxury, Premium, Select, Longer Stays and Collections segments. It includes such brands as St. Regis, JW Marriott, Ritz-Carlton Reserve, W Hotels, Sheraton and many others.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company is an independently operated division of Marriott International, Bethesda, Md. With an unshakeable credo and corporate philosophy of un-wavering commitment to service, both in its hotels and in its communities, The Ritz-Carlton has been recognized with numerous awards for being the gold standard of hospitality.
Ritz-Carlton was established in 1983 with the purchase of The Ritz-Carlton, Boston and the rights to the name Ritz-Carlton. The management company has grown from one hotel to 97 hotels & resorts worldwide with plans for further expansion in Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and the Americas.
There are 97 Ritz-Carlton hotels & resorts worldwide in 30 countries and territories: Aruba, Austria, Bahrain, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Egypt, Germany, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mexico, Oman, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, U.S. Virgin Islands, and the United States.
A born inventor and change maker, John Jacob Astor IV founded The St. Regis New York as a place to pursue his passions in the company of the city’s luminaries. More than a century later, the St. Regis brand is renowned for its tradition of innovation and commitment to impeccable service at more than 40 hotels and resorts around the world. In 1934 the St. Regis New York head bartender, Fernand Petiot, creates the iconic Bloody Mary cocktail which leads to unique Bloody Mary creations for St. Regis Hotels and Resorts worldwide.
The Luxury Collection
A little over a century ago, the era of steamships and trains let explorers travel with ease for the first time. One popular destination was Venice, at the heart of the Mediterranean and a crossroads between East and West. The unique appeal of Venice is why, in 1906, the Compagnia Italiana Grandi Alberghi (CIGA) was founded as a hotel brand accommodating travelers to this storied destination. It traces its heritage back to CIGA, which became The Luxury Collection brand in 1994. For the global explorer, The Luxury Collection offers a gateway to the world’s most exciting and desirable destinations. It carries on the traditions that shaped its heritage.
Discover classic luxury in JW Marriott hotels, with mindful experiences and inspiring spaces to improve your well-being and enrich your mind, body and soul. The brand was established in 1984, with the opening of its first hotel in Washington DC. JW Marriott is named after the founder of Marriott Corporation. Now there are over 90 JW Marriott locations around the world.
UPDATED: MARCH 24, 2020
- Le Meridien LavLe Meridien LavSplit, Croatia
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach ResortLe Meridien Phuket Beach ResortPhuket, Thailand
- Sheraton Fiji ResortSheraton Fiji ResortNadi, Fiji
- Sheraton MirageSheraton MirageGold Coast, Australia
- Sheraton Seoul Palace Gangnam HotelSheraton Seoul Palace Gangnam HotelSeoul, South Korea
- Sheraton WaikikiSheraton WaikikiHawaiian Islands, USA
- The St. Regis Bali ResortThe St. Regis Bali ResortBali, Indonesia
- The St. Regis BangkokThe St. Regis BangkokBangkok, Thailand
- The St. Regis BeijingThe St. Regis BeijingBeijing, China
- The St. Regis Bora BoraThe St. Regis Bora BoraBora-Bora, Polynesia
- The St. Regis CairoThe St. Regis CairoCairo , Egypt
- The St. Regis FlorenceThe St. Regis FlorenceFlorence, Italy
- The St. Regis Kuala LumpurThe St. Regis Kuala LumpurKuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- The St. Regis LangkawiThe St. Regis LangkawiLangkawi, Malaysia
- The St. Regis Lhasa ResortThe St. Regis Lhasa ResortLhasa , China
- The St. Regis MacaoThe St. Regis MacaoMacau, China
- The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli ResortThe St. Regis Maldives Vommuli ResortMale, Maldives
- The St. Regis MallorcaThe St. Regis MallorcaMallorca, Spain
- The St. Regis Mauritius ResortThe St. Regis Mauritius ResortPort Louis, Mauritius
- The St. Regis New YorkThe St. Regis New YorkNew York, USA
- The St. Regis OsakaThe St. Regis OsakaOsaka, Japan
- The St. Regis Punta Mita ResortThe St. Regis Punta Mita ResortPunta de Mita , Mexico
- The St. Regis RomeThe St. Regis RomeRome, Italy
- The St. Regis Saadiyat Island ResortThe St. Regis Saadiyat Island ResortAbu Dhabi, UAE
- The St. Regis SingaporeThe St. Regis SingaporeSingapore, Singapore
- W Hong KongW Hong KongHong Kong, Hong Kong
- W Singapore Sentosa CoveW Singapore Sentosa CoveSingapore, Singapore