- One&Only Le Saint GéranOne&Only Le Saint GéranPort Louis, Mauritius
- Four Seasons at AnahitaFour Seasons at AnahitaPort Louis, Mauritius
- Beachcomber Royal PalmBeachcomber Royal PalmPort Louis, Mauritius
- Shangri-La Le TouessrokShangri-La Le TouessrokPort Louis, Mauritius
- Le Prince MauriceLe Prince MauricePort Louis, Mauritius
- The St. Regis Mauritius ResortThe St. Regis Mauritius ResortPort Louis, Mauritius
The igneous island is located in the Indian Ocean with the population of 1.2 million people. The capital is Port Louis. Mauritius was known in the 9 century to the Arabs, but his official discovery occurred 5 centuries later by the Portuguese sailor Pedro Mascarenhas. Mauritius was under the influence of various countries. Long years of the French, British and Dutch colonization reflected the cultural heritage of the country. The first colonists grew here spices, the French — coffee, the English — tea. In 1968 Mauritius gained its independence and became tourists’ favorite destination. Main tourist attractions are spread all over the island: volcano crater with a waterfall and the Sugar Museum. Architectural sights include Jummah Mosque, Hindu Temple Maesvarat, and St James Cathedral. But after all the main attraction remains the sea.