- Aqua Blu
- Aqua Blu
- Aqua Blu Excursion Speedboat
- Aqua Blu Aerial View
- Aqua Blu Sun Deck
- Aqua Blu Interconnecting Suites – Bridge Deck
- Design Suite – Bridge Deck
- Aqua Blu Lounge
- Aqua Blu Saloon
- Aqua Blu Alfresco Dining Area
- Aqua Blu Bar and Alfresco Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Peanut Butter Parfait with Toasted Peanuts and Chocolate
- Jacuzzi and Lounge Daybeds
- Spa and Exercise area
- The sea
Aqua Blu, Coral Triangle
Setting the stage for the greatest luxury cruise expeditions in the Coral Triangle. Presenting a brand-new cruise experience in the pristine East Indonesian Archipelago, Aqua Blu is a long-range explorer yacht sailing the region’s most prized destinations, including Komodo National Park, Spice Islands and Raja Ampat on unforgettable 7- and
Where modern luxury meets naval heritage. With a grand legacy as the former British Naval Explorer HMS Beagle and later as the private yacht of a European aristocratic family, Aqua Blu is a compelling maritime statement. A 2019 refurbishment overseen by Dutch yacht design maestro Cor D. Rover brings the vessel to world-class cruising specifications. Guests can expect to embrace a distinguished sense of history and seafaring evolution when they set foot on this one-of-a-kind cruise ship.
Inside the five-deck,
Aqua Blu’s range stands heads and shoulders above that of its peers in East Indonesia. Able to cover vast distances in a short span of time — and in any sea condition — the vessel enables explorers on board to experience the most varied, enjoyable and rewarding coastal cruise itineraries in this wild and stunningly beautiful region of the world. Enjoy your Indonesia Cruise on Aqua Expeditions’ Aqua Blu luxury yacht for an unforgettable Indonesian vacation.
- Year Built: 1968 as British Naval Explorer HMS Beagle
- Year Converted: 2006
- Year Refurbished: 2019
- Year Operational: 2019 (Inaugural voyage November 2019)
- Cabins: 15 suites across 4 decks in 3 different suite categories
- Ports of Embarkation: Bali, Labuan Bajo, Maumere, Ambon, Sorong
- Vessel’s Registry: Indonesia
- Type of Vessel: Ocean-and-sea Expedition Yacht
- Length: 198 feet / 60 meters
- Beam: 37’ 05″ / 11.4 meters
- Draft: 13 feet / 4.2 meters
- Cruising Speed:
- Electricity: 220V and 110V
- Engines: 4×660hp Lister Blackstone
- Generators: 2 x Volvo Penta 225kW, 1 x Volvo Penta 80kW (backup)
- Stabilizers: Quantum Zero Speed
- Safety: ISM Compliant/RINA Class/SOLAS Certified
- On Board Living and Social Areas
- Sun Deck with Outdoor Seating, Lounge Sofa and Barbecue
- Bridge Deck with Jacuzzi, Outdoor Lounge Area, Spa and Exercise Zone
- Forecastle Deck with Outdoor Dining and Seating Area, Indoor Lounge Bar, Library and TV Room
- Main Deck with Outdoor Seating, Salon and Dining Room
- Safety On Board. 2 x Zodiac 4.2m RIB rescue boats with Mariner 25 HP with state-of-the-art safety features include radio communications with separate battery pack, satellite phone, flares and signals, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors in each cabin, automatic defibrillator on board.
- Launch Boats for Shore Excursions. 2 x Alson Flash 750 powered Evinrude E tech 2×225 DHX. Each boat has a capacity of 16 passengers
- Accommodations and Cabins. 15 individually-designed suites in 3 categories across four decks. 2 pairs of interconnecting suites available.
- Aqua Blu Crew. 25 members, including a cruise director, dive instructor, paramedic and English-speaking guides.
- Aqua Blu Capacity. 30 passengers.
Aqua Blu — Suites
Settle into modern yachting refinement and comfort of the highest caliber. Each of the 15 individually-designed suites aboard the Aqua Blu is an oasis on the vast East Indonesian seas. Conceptualized with modern luxury and ultimate comfort in mind by renowned Dutch yacht designer Cor D. Rover, these private sanctuaries lend a luxurious sense of home to every journey on the Aqua Blu cruise ship.
- Luxurious design suites from 14sqm to 34sqm with portholes or windows
- Comfortable King-size bed or twin beds
- All suites are air-conditioned
- Pampering organic natural hair and bath amenities
- Ensuite bathrooms with overhead rainshower
- Closet with electronic safe
- Cat I: 8 suites — Bridge Deck (1 suite), Forecastle Deck (2 suites), Main Deck (2suites) and Lower Deck (3 suites)
- Cat II: 4 suites — Bridge Deck (1 suite), Forecastle Deck (1 suite) and Main Deck (2 suites)
- Cat III: 3 suites — Main Deck (1 suite) and Lower Deck (2 suites)
Aqua Blu — Deck Plan
- Spread across five decks, the Aqua Blu perfects the concept of a modern explorer yacht with inviting and stylish spaces all-round
- Sun Deck. The iconic sun deck of Aqua Blu is the perfect setting for sunset cocktails and canapes as well as evening get-togethers under the stars, with a wraparound lounge sofa and outdoor seating.
- Bridge Deck. The bridge deck features CAT I and CAT II accommodation, and key amenities such as the outdoor jacuzzi and lounge beds, as well as an indoor spa and outdoor work out zone.
- Forecastle Deck. An ideal place for a retreat any time of day, the forecastle deck features the Sky Lounge Bar, ideal for kicking back with a cocktail or your drink of choice, as well as a cozy library and TV room. Meals may be served in the spacious alfresco dining and seating area. The forecastle deck also carries CAT I and CAT II accommodation.
- Main Deck. The main deck welcomes all embarking guests, and also features Aqua Blu’s dining room and salon. CAT I, II and III suites are situated on this deck.
- Lower Deck. The Lower Deck is a private space that features CAT I and CAT III suites.
Sun Deck. With an elevated vantage point, the Sun Deck offers spectacular
Jacuzzi and Lounge Daybeds. Few things are more enjoyable in the tropics than cooling off in Aqua Blu’s jacuzzi, which is flanked by plush daybeds for sunbathing and perhaps even a snooze after a diving or snorkeling session! Spa and Exercise area. Make wellness a priority at Aqua Blu’s onboard spa and outdoor exercise area. Indulge in Balinese massage and aromatherapy from our onboard therapist or work up a sweat in the outdoor exercise area. Take your massage outdoors, if you wish.
Sky Lounge Bar. Exchange the days’ tales of marine sightings over a cocktail at the stylish Sky Lounge Bar, while looking out to gorgeous views of the surrounding seas. Dining Room. Experience refined Indonesian-inspired cuisine onboard Aqua Blu in an inviting and stylishly-appointed dining room on the Main Deck. Alfresco Dining Area. Located on the Forecastle Deck, the alfresco dining area is the ideal spot to enjoy freshly prepared meals. Choose to mingle with other guests, or retain a sense of privacy while enjoying the fresh breeze and stunning sea views.
Private Speedboat. Aqua Blu boasts two Alson Flash private speedboats used for daily excursions to nearby islands, each with a capacity of 16 passengers. One tender with a capacity of eight divers is used exclusively for diving activities. Watersports equipment. Aqua Blu carries a comprehensive suite of top-of-the-line, non-motorized watersports equipment, including diving and snorkeling gear, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards.
Aqua Blu — Cuisine
As Aqua Expeditions breaks new grounds with its first ocean-faring yacht cruise to the East Indonesian archipelago, Aqua Blu is proud to announce its partnership with highly successful Australian chef and restaurateur Benjamin Cross. His natural creativity has been honed across several continents, informing his innovative techniques and preference for locally sourced ingredients.
The Aqua Blu dining experience promises refreshing and inspiring food, with its menu drawing inspiration from Indonesian, European and Mediterranean cuisines. Chef Cross has crafted over 160 recipes to incorporate a variety of Indonesia’s spices and flavors, allowing diners to go on a culinary journey of the region. Some highlights to look forward to include
Showcasing the freshest, sustainably sourced seafood that the pristine waters of East Indonesia has to offer, guests can look forward to refined dishes as well as convivial communal dining experiences and relaxed outdoor dining. Exquisite and scrumptious cuisine, set amidst dramatic coastal landscapes, will undoubtedly be the highlight of all Aqua Blu itineraries. Join Chef Benjamin Cross on Aqua Blu’s special chef-hosted departures to the Spice Islands.Set sail on an immersive culinary journey to stimulate your senses and discover Indonesia’s rich heritage. Watch Aqua Blu’s chefs cook up a storm with their on-board demonstrations or follow them to bustling local markets as they procure the day’s finest catch, from freshly snagged Hamachi, fair trade tuna or oyster meat from a pearl farm. Guests can expect the influence of elements of Balinese cuisine, as well as unpretentious and well-cooked dishes which allow the high quality of the produce to shine through.