Mandarin Oriental Hotels Group
For almost 60 years, Mandarin Oriental has been established as a leader in luxury hospitality, and has a rich and proud history. The Group’s Asian flagship, Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the oldest and most respected hotel on Hong Kong island. The Group has grown its business from its original flagship properties in Asia — the acclaimed Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong and Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok — into a truly global brand. Today, the current portfolio reaches across five continents, and remains firmly on track with its development plans.
The multi-award winning Spas at Mandarin Oriental are havens for contemplation and discovery. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok was one of the very first hotel spas to open in 1993. The Forbes ‘Five Star Spa’ award was granted to a record 13 hotels in 2019, more than any other hotel group in the world. A leader in the spa field, the Group was the first to launch its signature “Time Ritual” which encourages guests to book time rather than specific treatments, so that services can be tailor-made to meet specific needs.
Mandarin Oriental’s signature spa product line was developed exclusively for the Group by the award-winning UK based company, Aromatherapy Associates in 2009. All products contain natural ingredients and are paraben free, and have been blended by a master blender to Mandarin Oriental’s specifications. Mandarin Oriental offers some of the most exciting hotel dining in the world today. The Group’s passion for creating memorable dining experiences has been recognized in the Michelin Guide, with a total of 27 Michelin stars in the 2020 list across a global portfolio of 33 hotels.
The Group’s brand-defining services are underpinned by its legendary quality of service, delivered by more than 12,000 dedicated colleagues comprising 133 different nationalities from around the world. The Group’s well-recognized ‘fan’ logo was created in the mid-1980s in Hong Kong by internationally recognized design house, Pentagram. The logo is a registered trademark internationally and is respected within the tourism industry as one of the worlds’ most highly recognised logos.
In addition to the registered trademark logo for the Group, all Mandarin Oriental hotels are encouraged to find their own unique fan to reflect the individuality of their property. Colours, designs and prints are carefully chosen in collaboration with local artists, historians and graphics experts. Mandarin Oriental’s US$ multi-million global print advertising campaign simply and elegantly connects the Group’s well-recognized symbol — the fan — with international celebrities who regularly stay at the hotels and are true fans of the Group. In appreciation of their support, the Group makes a donation to each celebrity’s individual choice of charity.
Mandarin Oriental has a current total of 31 celebrity fans of differing nationalities, from all walks of life, representing artists, singers, actors, designers, writers, models, dancers and entrepreneurs. In keeping with guests of Mandarin Oriental, they all appreciate the finer things in life. The Group is dedicated to advancing sustainability and is committed to energy efficiency and to reducing its carbon emissions and reports results on an annual basis.
UPDATED: MARCH 25, 2020
- Hotel Ritz Madrid by Mandarin OrientalHotel Ritz Madrid by Mandarin OrientalMadrid, Spain
- Mandarin Oriental BangkokMandarin Oriental BangkokBangkok, Thailand
- Mandarin Oriental BarcelonaMandarin Oriental BarcelonaBarcelona, Spain
- Mandarin Oriental BodrumMandarin Oriental BodrumBodrum, Turkey
- Mandarin Oriental GenevaMandarin Oriental GenevaGeneva, Switzerland
- Mandarin Oriental GuangzhouMandarin Oriental GuangzhouGuangzhou, China
- Mandarin Oriental Hong KongMandarin Oriental Hong KongHong Kong, Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hyde ParkMandarin Oriental Hyde ParkLondon, Great Britain
- Mandarin Oriental JakartaMandarin Oriental JakartaJakarta, Indonesia
- Mandarin Oriental Jumeirah, DubaiMandarin Oriental Jumeirah, DubaiDubai, UAE
- Mandarin Orinental Kuala LumpurMandarin Orinental Kuala LumpurKuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Mandarin Oriental LandmarkMandarin Oriental LandmarkHong Kong, Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental MacauMandarin Oriental MacauMacau, China
- Mandarin Oriental MiamiMandarin Oriental MiamiMiami, USA
- Mandarin Oriental MilanMandarin Oriental MilanMilan, Italy
- Mandarin Oriental MunichMandarin Oriental MunichMunich, Germany
- Mandarin Oriental New YorkMandarin Oriental New YorkNew York, USA
- Mandarin Oriental PragueMandarin Oriental PraguePrague, Czech republic
- Mandarin Oriental Pudong, ShanghaiMandarin Oriental Pudong, ShanghaiShanghai, China
- Mandarin Oriental SanyaMandarin Oriental SanyaSanya, China
- Mandarin Oriental SingaporeMandarin Oriental SingaporeSingapore, Singapore
- Mandarin Oriental TokyoMandarin Oriental TokyoTokyo, Japan
- Mandarin Oriental, Lago di ComoMandarin Oriental, Lago di ComoComo, Italy
- Mandarin Oriental,TaipeiMandarin Oriental,TaipeiTaipei, Taiwan